Del Sol Medical Center is a Level II Trauma, 347 bed acute care TJC accredited hospital. Within our hospital campus, we also house an Inpatient, CARF accredited Rehabilitation Hospital. We are located on the Eastside of El Paso, Texas right off of Interstate 10. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
Knowledge of patient responses to medication, side effects and proper dosages used in respiratory care. Able to communicate effectively with Physicians, patient, nursing and other allied health practitioners, other managers, the public and with Administration. Ability to teach/instruct, assess and reassess others as needed. Recognizes and reports patient abuse and neglect. Basic knowledge of dynamic and static pulmonary function values and knowledge of generally accepted practices in respiratory care as prescribed by the physician for all age groups. Demonstrates knowledge in the delivery, setup and maintenance of respiratory care equipment based on routine and non-routine applications. Performs patient assessment and recommends appropriate therapeutic and diagnostic modalities per department protocols. Responsible for establishing and assisting with maintenance of arterial lines.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Pulmonary conditions inckluding but not limited to: COPD, CHF, PE, asthma, and all other constrictive and restrictive pulmonary disorders.
- Uses knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, and emergency procedures to provide safe and effective patient respiratory care.
- Maintains strict infection control techniques at all times.
- Assists in providing inservices for peers and staff at least four times a year and as assigned.
- Practices, develops and endorses customer service skills in relationships with internal and external customers.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities as assigned.
- Implements Assess and Treat Protocols
- Other duties as assigned.