- Develop a wellness plan for each client with guidance from the staff nurse and clinical director to include a specific fitness regimen that meets the individualized needs of each client. Carry out and monitor fitness activities according to the facility guidelines and regulations. Implement structured fitness activities during recreational activity time.
- Accompany and lead experiential day trips with clients, which may include hiking, biking, canoeing, kayaking and other designated trips.
- Coordinate with counselors and clinical team to facilitate experiential therapy groups using a Ropes Challenge Course.
- Coordinate daily recreational activities for client to include various physical fitness and mindfulness activities.
- Assist to develop and implement monthly activity plans for the program. Participate in the maintenance of the facility and its landscaping along with clients.
- Monitor clients issuing urine samples for laboratory testing and prepare and maintain required documentation.
- May give oral medications to clients after having completed training and has demonstrated competency in this area.
- Maintain high standards of ethical and professional conduct and adheres to agency policies and procedures.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Employees in this job category may have an occupational exposure as defined in 29FR1910, et. seq.
Other duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist and coordinate crisis emergency response plan to situations in order to maintain the highest level of campus security at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, emergency evacuations that require this position to remain with the youth in the designated location.
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations, under direction, to maintain work flow.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings, staffing and task force groups to integrate actiities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems andmaintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition. Ensure safe operating conditions within area of responsiblity.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled