Radiation Therapist (RTT) full-time
Dayton Physicians is looking for a full-time Radiation Therapist for our Radiation Oncology office in Kettering, OH!
The Radiation Therapist float position provides accurate radiation treatment as prescribed by the physicians and documents patient’s daily statistical information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates and delivers on a daily basis the prescribed planned course of radiation therapy with minimal supervision;
- Positions patient according to prescription using where applicable bite block, body cast or any special device needed to ensure accurate daily delivery of treatment;
- Reports unusual reactions and events, withholding treatment until clarified by the physician;
- Checks daily treatment record for special instructions or procedural changes, e.g., makes sure conedown appointments are made and be alert of prescription changes;
- When required, assists dosimetrist with treatment procedures required on the equipment;
- Assists in the explanation of procedures and means of communication to patients;
- Documents treatment provided accurately, concisely, and legibly;
- Verifies charts for appropriate documentation;
- Checks chart for prescription with MD’s signature, patient ID, signed consent form, not to exceed three times without physics check;
- Maintains accurate treatment records of daily tumor dose or physician billing;
- Takes photographs of set-ups when applicable;
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education and/ Experience:
- Ohio Department of Health Radiologic license and current ARRT license is required;
- Requires a High school diploma and Graduate of AMA approved school in radiation therapy;
- Requires 2-3 years previous Radiation Therapy Technician experience.
- CPR certification required
- Dayton Physicians offers a comprehensive benefits package (medical, dental, vision, and 401k)
- Generous PTO
- Competitive wages