The Radiation Therapist performs radiation therapy, radiographic procedures, CT Simulations, and maintains proper treatment documentation standards. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the Mission of CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital, and demonstrating behavior consistent with the Core Values. MAJOR RESPONSIBILITES
- Utilizes AIDET when communicating with patients to: identify patient requirements, ensure correct exam is performed on the correct patient, and establish rapport with patients and others. Instructs/communicates with patient and/or patients family regarding the test to be performed and assesses patients ability to tolerate exam.
- Prepares patient or area for radiation therapy procedure by positioning patient, utilizing proper imaging protocols and techniques and utilizes critical thinking and judgment to accomplish goals.
- Warms up treatment machines/CT Simulator and checks all safety and operational procedures; reports any issues regarding operation to the physicist and manager.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to safety requirements, infection-control, radiation policies, protocols and techniques.
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver patients in conjunction with others in order to perform job functions
- Obtains, verifies and maintains all relevant documentation such as, patient history, pregnancy status and shielding precautions taken, consent forms, etc.
- Assists leadership in maintaining all required policies, procedures, standards and records for applicable governmental, regulatory and accrediting organizations by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals, which contribute to the success of the organization.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all CHRISTUS Spohn policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Equipment: Varian iX, CyberKnife, Wide Bore CT and Mosiaq EMR
- Graduate from an accredited Radiation Therapy Program (ARRT)
- Must be able to understand and carry out complex medical prescriptions and able to work under pressure.
- CyberKnife experience preferred
- Texas Medical Radiologic Technologist License (MRT)
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist in Radiation Therapy (ARRT-T)
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) through The American Heart Association