Celebrating over 50years of providing quality healthcare to Dickson, TN and the surroundingcommunities, TriStar Horizon MedicalCenter is a fully accredited, 157-bed regional medical center. We offer afull array of services including cardiology, diagnostic imaging, emergency,inpatient rehabilitation, oncology, orthopaedics, and women's services. As anAccredited Chest Pain Center and a Primary Stroke Center, TriStar Horizon is aleading provider of emergency heart and stroke care.
In May 2015, TriStarHorizon opened TriStar Natchez ER, an 8-bed full service ER locatedat the TriStar Natchez Medical Park on Highway 46. In addition to the existing26-bed emergency room at TriStar Horizon, this full service ER providesemergency care as well as imaging services and comprehensive laboratorytesting.
TriStar Horizon Medical Center is looking for a Radiation Oncology Therapist (PRN/As Needed).
Office Hours are Monday - Friday, 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
- Demonstratesknowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, andcare of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Promotes customer service initiative.
- Provides treatment of cancer patients with ionizing radiation.
- Accuratelyadminister radiation therapy treatments to patients.
- Verify prescribedtreatment dose before each treatment; verify fields to be treated, and anglesto be used.
- Assure placement of protective devices in order to shield otherwisehealthy exposed tissue of patients.
- Place and immobilize patient to ensureaccurate treatment.
- Maintain constantvisual and intercom contact with the patient during treatment to assure patientremains in the proper position.
- Observe patient daily for unusual reaction andreport any abnormal conditions to the radiation oncologist.
- Clearly charttreatment details in the patient’s medical record.
- Provides verification filmson each patient treated.
- Check treatment records daily and weekly formathematical or documentation error.
- Provides appropriate teaching to patientsand families.
- Follow radiation safety principles, keep work area clean/organized,and follow The Joint Commission and other regulatory standards.
- Educate radiation therapystudents to principles and practices of profession.
- Participates in PerformanceImprovement activities to assure continuous Quality Improvement.
- Maintainscultural and diversity awareness when dealing with patients, visitors,co-workers and all other customers.
- Promotes a supportive, team-work orientedenvironment.
- Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long-range plan,mission, vision and values of Horizon.