Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health are looking for an experienced Physical Therapy Assistant (PTA) to join our Rehab Team.
- Administers heat, cold, compression and electrical modalities to assigned patients
- Teaches gait, transfers, proper lifting, and exercise programs under direction of the Physical Therapist
- Instructs patients in home programs.
- Assists Physical Therapy Aide when necessary
- Assists with on-the-job training and supervision of Physical Therapy Aide, Volunteers and PTA students.
- Assumes responsibilities of the Physical Therapy Aide in their absence.
- Keeps Physical Therapist informed of any change in assigned patients
- Monitors and reports to physical therapist when 8th visit by PT is required.
- Demonstrates effective ability to manage patient schedule and delivery of treatment by prioritizing tasks.
- Formulates and performs patient treatment, per plan of care, of assigned case load with focus on achieving measurable, behavioral, and functional goals with specific temporal components for Providence Downtown and Providence NE Hospitals.
- Assists in program and policy development, case and/or research studies, data completion, and performance improvement as delegated by Director of Physical Rehabilitation Services