ID101_11000 Physical Therapy
Expected Weekly Hours:
At Saint Alphonsus Health System, we are looking for people who are living out their calling. We want you to be passionate about coming to work, and challenged to achieve your potential. Living by these virtues, we pride ourselves on exceptional service and the highest quality of care.
The Physical Therapy Aide provides services to acute, rehabilitation, outpatients and contract services under the direct supervision of a physical therapist and in compliance with policies and procedures established by Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center and the Rehabilitation Services department.
Job Description Details:
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous experience as a PT Aide and/or other health care experience preferred.
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Support for HealthCare Provider (BLS/HCP) certification required or obtained within 90 days of hire.
- Any health occupation related courses preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge and skills preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
- Interpersonal communication skills in a team or interdisciplinary work situation preferred.
- Meets Health System's Guiding Behaviors and Caring Standards including interpersonal communication and professional conduct expectations.
- Demonstrates knowledge and skills to competently care for all assigned age groups (Neonate, Child, Adolescent, Adult, Geriatric as applicable).
- Revenue management: ensures the accuracy of documenting services and supplies provided to the patients.
- Assists the Physical Therapist and Physical Therapy Assistant during patient evaluations and procedures.
- Carries out a specifically defined treatment for assigned patients as determined by the Physical Therapist or PTA.
- Prepares treatment areas, patients, and equipment for treatments.
- Maintains, cleans and repairs equipment.
- Part Time (16 hours per week)
Visit Saint Alphonsus on Facebook !
Visit Saint Alphonsus on Linkedin !
See additional information by visiting Saint Alphonsus YouTube page!
Other career opportunities at www.saintalphonsus.org/careers
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs more than 120,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 21 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.