Founded as Providence Hospitals in 1938 by the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, Providence's two free standing full-service hospitals and numerous satellite practices maintain a true devotion to advanced clinical expertise and unmatched compassion. On February 2, 2016, Providence became part of the LifePoint Health network, and shortly thereafter, changed its name to Providence Health to better represent the full complement of its services. Driven by quality, compassion, and Christ, Providence treats the whole person- body, mind, and spirit.
Providence Health are looking for an experienced Physical Therapist to join our team on a PRN basis.
- Confirms and interprets physician referrals for Physical Therapy Services and consults physician as needed for clarification or recommended change.
- Administers and documents evaluation and treatment plan appropriate to patient condition and diagnosis with regular reassessments during the course of treatment. Works closely with physical therapy assistants to assure the established plan of care is followed.
- Documents daily progress notes and discharge summaries and administers treatment according to policy.
- Performs patient treatment of assigned caseload per treatment plan; utilizing clinical judgment and procedures within the scope of Physical Therapy practice
- Re-evaluates and adjusts treatment plans and goals on an ongoing basis for each patient.
- Assumes responsibility of other staff members in their absence and assists them when caseload allows
- Instructs patients and caregivers regarding safety issues, Home Exercise Programs, etc. as indicated.
- Supervises and assists with job training and clinical education, daily work activities of physical therapy assistants, rehab aides, physical therapy students and physical therapy assistant students. Works closely with physical therapy assistants to ensure quality care to assigned patients. Completes 8th visit follow up treatment with appropriate patients.