Physical Therapist –Outpatient Rehabilitation – PRN – Variable Shifts position available.
Core competencies for the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Performs initial and ongoing assessments of patient's condition.
- Establishes a plan of care which is appropriate to problems identified and involves the patient according to his or her capabilities and desires.
- Plans, prepares and carries out individually designed programs of physical treatment to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients.
- Performs therapy interventions utilizing standard physical therapy techniques and skills as appropriate for the age and condition of the patient.
- Directs and supervises physical therapy assistants, students, and other support personnel. Assesses competence, delegates specific tasks, and establishes channels of communication.
- Administers treatment involving application of physical agents, using equipment, moist packs, ultraviolet and infrared lamps, and ultrasound machines.
- Evaluates, fits, and adjusts prosthetic and orthotic devices and recommend modifications.
- Identifies and documents goals, anticipated progress and plans for reevaluation.