We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Unique clinical environment:
Care for patients one-on-one in home environment with flexibility in scheduling
Culture of teamwork:
Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary team
Continuing education, training, tuition assistance and more
High-level clinical services with outstanding outcomes
Goal planning and opportunities to develop skills for higher level positions
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.What You Will Do:
As an occupational therapy assistant for Amedisys, you have a unique opportunity to provide one on one therapeutic treatment and care to patients in their preferred environment – at home. You will work in tandem with the occupational therapist, physician, patients, caregivers and a full team of professionals to implement a comprehensive and patient specific care plan. You will have the quality time with the home care patient to promote their health and facilitate their independence.
• Treat the patient through the use of therapeutic activities designed to restore function and self-care activities designed to improve function under the direction of the occupational therapist (OTR).
• Demonstrate and teach alternate techniques developed by the OTR to complete activities of daily living, proper transfers and positioning.
• Participate in instructing the patient, family and other health team personnel in the exercise program developed by the OTR for strengthening and controlling the patient’s upper extremities.
• Assist the OTR in ordering and/or fabricating adaptive/assistive devices and equipment
• Observe, record and report the patient’s response to treatment and any changes in the patients’ condition to the OTR and/or Clinical Manager using required progress notes, documentation and established timelines
• Actively participate in patient team/case conferences to ensure coordination of patient care
• Current and unencumbered license to practice as an occupational therapy assistant specific to that state the employee is assigned to work by the Company.
• Current CPR certification
• Valid Driver’s License and reliable transportation and agency required liability insurance to complete home visits.
• More than one year (1 ) of occupational therapy experience with adults, specifically geriatric patients
Louisiana requires two years of experience as a licensed OTA prior to a home health case load.
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
• Paid Time Off/Holidays
• Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
• 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
• Continuing education
• Fleet car for eligible employees