Under the guidance and direct supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist, this position follows through with treatment plans established by the Occupational Therapist to increase, restore and maintain the functional capabilities of the patients.Responsibilities
- Under the direct supervision of an Occupational Therapist, provide various functional physical activities and group classes and treatment procedures and support activities with PACE participants.
- Educate patients by demonstrating proper use of equipment and exercise routines.
- Provides equipment and supplies sterilizing and delivering equipment and supplies to treatment area; positioning equipment for Occupational Therapist access; positioning patient on equipment.
- Provide routine and timely information concerning patient’s response to treatment to the primary Occupational Therapist.
- Transport patients to and from treatment area, using wheelchairs or any assistive device as needed.
- Perform clerical tasks such as inventory, filing, copying and record organization as it relates to department activities.
- Ensures operation of Occupational therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions or company’s policies and procedures and calling for repairs.
- Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment.
- Maintains Occupational therapy supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies and verifying receipt of supplies.
- Assist in coordination of Durable Medical Equipment orders with the contracted Vendor.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
Perform all other related duties as assigned.