PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of this position is to perform the highest quality of massage treatment services for clientele, according to established standard operating procedures.
Duty 1: Talk with clients about symptoms, medical history and desired results
Duty 2: Develop and propose client treatment plans that specify which types of massage are to be used
Duty 3: Provide clients with guidance on stretching, strengthening, overall relaxation
Duty 4: Documents client’s condition and progress in EMR system
Duty 5: Prepare and blend oils and apply the blends to clients' skin
Duty 6: Accompany clients to and from treatment rooms
Duty 7: Assist in scheduling clients and answering phones
Duty 8: Assist at front desk when needed
Duty 9: Setting up massage work area and ensuring cleanliness and tidiness throughout your shift
Duty 10: Attending and participating on Medical Spa events and meetings
Duty 11: Provide 30- to 50-minute massages for appointment holders and walk-ins at our location; Manipulate muscles or other soft tissues of the body
Duty 12: Collect payment for office treatment and document in client’s chart
Duty 13: Assist practice manager in maintaining inventory needed to perform your duties
Duty 14: Work as a team player and assist coworkers as needed to meet weekly, monthly and annual goals
- Certification from an accredited school with active State of Ohio Massage Therapist license
- Proficient knowledge of reflexology, Swedish, lymphatic, prenatal, hot stone, trigger point, sports, and deep tissue massage
- Comfortable performing massages on diverse clients
- A valid driver's license is required (if you do not have a valid Ohio driver’s license you must obtain one within 30 days of your residency in the state). You must also meet BVHS's company fleet policy and insurance company requirements, and any other requirements that may be required to operate a vehicle.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status. Must be able to interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area’s policies and procedures
- Experience working in a spa or therapy center preferred
- Medical office experience preferred
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to walk for up to one hour a day, sit continuously for six hours a day and stand for one hour a day. The individual must be able to lift twenty to fifty pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The individual must have good eye-hand coordination and fine finger dexterity for simple grasping tasks. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. The individual must be able to operate a motor vehicle for business travel and community involvement.
This position is classified “at risk” for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)