Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Massage Therapist performs the following duties in order to achieve maximum therapeutic results:
- Applies the techniques of scientific massage to assist in the rehabilitation of sprains, strains, fractures and dislocations as well as to help eliminate pain from neuritic, arthritic and rheumatic conditions.
- Applies massage to relieve various forms of paralysis, insomnia, migraine headaches and other conditions caused by poor functioning of the nervous system.
- Stimulates the circulatory system with massage to reduce convalescent periods and improve many conditions after surgery.
- Provides relief of muscle tightness caused by stress.
- Works with various agents to complement massage including application of heat and light, hydrotherapy (water treatment) and exercise.
- Submits periodic reports to treatment team or Physician to provide clinical data for evaluation.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Affinity Program
- Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of two (2) years experience as a massage therapist.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Licensed as a Massage Therapist as required by the state.
Special Instructions to Candidates