General Purpose of the Therapist Position:
The Therapist assesses and facilitates the care for assigned patients, and participates in the treatment and continuing care planning. Is responsible for case management for all assigned patients. Conducts individual, family, specialized and group therapy and shares clinical information gained with the treatment team, and with other involved entities as appropriate. Promotes implementation of therapeutic milieu and daily program schedule. Provides patient care in a supportive and empathetic manner. Provide on-call coverage as requested.
Primary Responsibilities of the Therapist position (include but are not limited to):
- ASSESSMENT, COORDINATION & DISCHARGE PLANNING:
- Meet with assigned patients to introduce self, orient the patient to the therapist role and explain treatment goals and/or expectations.
- Initiate contact with relevant family members and outpatient providers, after signed release has been obtained, to develop and implement care plan and coordinate discharge planning.
- Document all activities related to assessment, treatment and discharge planning
- INDIVIDUAL AND FAMILY THERAPY SERVICES: When required or assigned:
- Provide individual, group and family therapy for assigned patients per program schedule.
- Document therapy sessions in the medical record per program requirements.
- Seek clinical supervision and support when complications arise in therapeutic setting or therapy sessions.
- Facilitate specialized interventions when needed.
- SPECIALIZED THERAPY SERVICES: When required or assigned:
- Provide specialized therapy services to assigned patients including but not limited to, Family Therapy, Equine, Art, EMDR, and SE.
- GROUP THERAPY / EDUCATION
- Assist in compiling materials for use in group therapy and/or educational/informational sessions.
- Support program schedule by conducting assigned components and maintaining group therapy/education schedule.
- Complete syllabus or lesson plan for didactic groups and document as required.
- Participate in program development and performance improvement measures in social services.
- TREATMENT TEAM MEMBER
- Active member of the multidisciplinary treatment. Communicates clinical concerns and treatment recommendations with team.
- PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT
- Actively participates in the performance improvement activities per facility licensure and accreditation requirements.
- ON-CALL SERVICES
- May provide on-call services as requested / assigned.