Ready for something different?!
We are seeking to hire a dependable and enthusiastic individual as a FT Lifestyle and Leisure Director to develop and maintain a high-quality enrichment program for our residents.
The primary responsibilities of this individual are to plan, organize, develop, direct, and manage the overall operation of the Activities Department to assure that the ongoing activities program is designed to meet the interests and the needs of each resident.
- Proven management experience and ability to develop and manage staff including conducting performance reviews.
- Work extremely well within a team environment and uphold the quality and standards of the overall organization.
- Create and distribute a monthly activities calendar and newsletter for marketing and residents.
- Coordinate and schedule with outside vendors and volunteers.
- Assist the marketing staff with creating community-related events.
- Make routine visits to residents and attend resident-related activities as needed.
- Plan, prepare, and operate within the budget and monitor the use of supplies.
- Work well under pressure, resolve conflicts, prioritize tasks, and follow through on ideas and requests.
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, peace, cheerfulness, and enthusiasm.
- Research and think outside the box to create new and interesting activities for our residents.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Compassion and desire to work with seniors!
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Additional education or certification in Activities and Recreation preferred.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a social or recreational program, or similar experience working in a healthcare setting.
- Knowledge and experience with interacting with seniors.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen; including marijuana.
Apply with your resume and cover letter TODAY to secure your interview for this exciting opportunity!