Since opening our doors in 1950, St. Francis strives each day to provide the best and safest care in west Georgia and east Alabama. With 376 beds, 2,800 associates, and 300 physicians, we offer a full range of inpatient, outpatient, and emergency room services, including the only open heart surgery program in the Columbus area.
And to ensure that we always offer our patients unsurpassed care, we continue to grow and expand. In 2011, we broke ground on two new towers, which opened in 2013. Also that year, the St. Francis Heart Hospital opened, putting all cardiac services and cardiology practices under one roof. Plus, the St. Francis Sue Marie Turner Women’s Hospital opened and delivered its first baby.