Why VITAS Healthcare and What Do They Offer Me?
VITAS Healthcare is the nation’s leading provider of end of life care. We provide our employees opportunities for professional growth, advancement and competitive benefits.
The Music Therapist plans, organizes, and directs medically prescribed music therapy activities as part of psychosocial and physical treatment of patients and their families to influence behavioral and psychological changes.
- Develops treatment plan, using individualized needs assessment, depending on goal of therapy.
- Instructs patients individually or in groups in prescribed instrumental or vocal music and music projective techniques such as guided imagery, progressive relaxation, or awareness of conscious feelings.
- Studies and analyzes patients' reactions to various experiences and adjusts care plan as needed.
- Documents visits and other activities on VITAS documentation.
- Participates in team meetings as requested.
- Competitive compensation
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance
- Pre-tax healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- 401(k) plan with numerous investment options and generous company match
- Cancer and/or critical illness benefit
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Legal Insurance
- Roadside Assistance
- Affinity Program
- Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of two (2) years prior relevant experience in a healthcare setting.
- Hospice experience preferred.
- Board certification (MT-BC) by certification board for music therapists (CBMT).
- Bachelor’s degree in music therapy from an accredited institution approved by American Music Therapy Association (AMTA).
Special Instructions to Candidates