To provide a coordinated, multifacetedrehabilitation program designed to assist and direct patients and theirfamilies early in the recovery process following a cardiovascular event orillness.
- Determine the risk level ofeach patient by using the minimal guidelines for risk stratification and thendesign an activity program that progresses appropriately based on functionalclass and risk level.
- Supervise, guide and monitorpatients during their exercise sessions making adjustments in programs as needed.
- Participate in education ofall patients and families of patients with cardiovascular compromise. Assessthe learning/knowledge deficit of those to be educated.
- Provide discharge instructions discussingguidelines for daily physical activity, delineation of activities to avoid,information about and review of all prescribed medications, signs &symptoms of heart related problems & information regarding availableoutpatient cardiac rehab services.
- Perform fitness assessments,interpret results and write exercise prescriptions for clients.
- Participate in QualityImprovement both at LifeCare Center Cardiac Rehab andDel Sol Medical Center.
- Participate inmultidisciplinary educational activities of LifeCare Center Cardiac Rehab.
- Perform graded exercises tests.
- Promote LifeCare CenterCardiac Rehab and Del Sol Medical Center through speaking engagements andcommunity involvement.
- Perform other duties asassigned to meet departmental or Del Sol Medical Center needs.