Description of Responsibilities
Working in the home/ community environment you are responsible for the delivery of quality one on one services to ID/DD consumers and implementing their goals as outlined in the Person Centered Plan. Your care may also involve activities of daily living and communication with other members of the consumers’ multi-disciplinary team. You are required to complete all documentation in accordance with state and program regulations, PSA HealthCare policies and procedures, and any applicable accreditation standards.
- Implement written goals from treatment plan with consumer 1:1 services including but not limited to Personal Care, Respite, Home Supports, Home and Community, Supported employment, Crises Services, and Long- term Vocational Support.
- Instruct and reinforce target goals and outcomes according to consumer.
- Complete written documentation of services(s) provided upon completion of visit as directed by QP
- Accurately note consumer responses and results to staff interventions and assessment through proper documentation.
- Maintain appropriate professional conduct at all times.
- Assist in the development of consumer treatment plan and goal revisions as directed by interdisciplinary team.
- Provides care in accordance with written instructions from professional staff.
- Reports immediately to QP any changes in the patient’s condition or any problems in assigned tasks.
- Relays observations of patient’s mental and physical status to QP.
- Is dependable and on time for assignments.
- Experience with ID/DD consumers preferred, but not required
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States.
- Current CPR certification and First Aid.
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Active Drivers License and current automobile insurance if transporting.