Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a full time Certified Therapeutic Recreational Therapist to join our healthcare team at Morgan County Correctional Center located in Wartburg, TN.
Available hours: Days
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Therapeutic Recreational Therapist
- Bachelor's degree in recreation therapy or other mental health field is required.
- Certification as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist is preferred
- Previous experience in Recreational Therapy is preferred.
- Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Therapeutic Recreational Therapist
- Shall provide and/or assist with mental health case management services for patients with a mental illness. This includes efforts to coordinate and provide continuity of mental health care for patients upon entry, by coordinating for the provision of adequate level of care during incarceration, by coordinating referrals to specialized TDOC treatment units for patients with a mental illness and at risk of needing a higher level of care, and community services upon release.
- Acts as a patient advocate; investigates and reports adverse occurrences, and performs staff education related to resource utilization, release planning and psychological aspects of healthcare delivery.
- Mobilizes resources and interviews to achieve desired clinical outcomes within the desired time-frames.
- Ensures that patient tests are appropriate, necessary and are carried out within the established time-frame and that test results are promptly available.
- Conducts review for appropriate utilization of services from admission through discharge. Evaluates patient satisfaction and quality of care provided.
- Completes expanded assessments of patients.
- Refers cases where patients would benefit from counseling required to complete complex releases plan to social worker.
- Serve as patient advocate. Enhances a collaborative relationship to maximize the patient's and family's ability to make informed decisions.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary conferences to review treatment goals, optimize resource utilization, provide family education, and identify post-hospital needs.
- Collaborate with clinical staff in the development and implementation of patient care policies and protocols in order to provide advice and guidance in handling special cases or patient needs.
- Coordinates the provision of social services to patients, families, and significant others to enable them to deal with the impact of illness on individual family functioning and to achieve maximum benefits from healthcare services.
- Attend and participate in Mental Health and Treatment Team Meetings.
- Plan and organize group and individual activities.
- Establish goals and objectives for each activity to meet patient needs.
- Conduct group and individual programs
- Maintain required documentation
- Maintain and order supplies
- Supervise volunteers/student interns
- Provide leisure counseling/education. Responsible to provide activities therapy services to patients of the Mental Health Unit in accordance with the policies and procedures of Mental Health Services, the policies and procedures of the Department of Corrections, and consistent with recognized standards of activities therapy.
- Activities will focus on development or restoration of the performance of necessary functions, compensation for dysfunction, minimization of debilitation in daily life tasks and/or provision of opportunity for recreation.
- Responsible to provide activity therapy services under the supervision of the Director of Mental Health Services.
- Responsible to interrelate and work effectively with other Mental Health Services' staff, DOC staff, and Corizon administrative/medical staff.
- Responsible to abide by the security regulations and confidentiality of patient information requirements of the DOC and Corizon.
- Responsible to inform Corizon administrative personnel of clinical concerns or employee concerns that are not adequately addressed by the Director of Mental Health Services.
Benefits offered to the Corizon Health Therapeutic Recreational Therapist
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) with company match
- Free online Continuing Education program
- Comprehensive Onboarding
Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.