Provides empathic, person-driven therapy services to all PVE residents in a caring, safe and efficient manner; and is responsible to perform the following according to Paradise Valley Estate’s mission, policies, procedures and individualized resident care plans:
- Empowers each resident to maintain the highest level of independence with a customized therapy program.
- Works closely with the Interdisciplinary Team to ensure all information on patient care is communicated. Discusses current condition with Charge Nurse prior to each therapy session.
- Assists residents in transferring, repositioning and walking, using correct and appropriate transfer techniques and equipment, provides range of motion and passive exercise.
- Maintains each person’s self-esteem, privacy and confidentiality of personal information, adhering to HIPAA guidelines.
- Provides residents with opportunities for independence and choice as to therapy goals, appointment times and location of therapy.
- Adapts the physical environment to promote resident comfort and rest.
- Answers call lights for any resident within sight, even if they aren’t on case load.
- Appropriately documents all therapy provided.
- Timely meets new admissions to Laurel Creek and helps coordinate safe discharges.
- Uses standard precautions by using personal protective equipment and observes transmission guidelines, washes hands between resident cares, reports signs/symptoms of resident infection to appropriate staff in a timely manner.
We offer a wide array of benefits including voluntary life, supplemental critical illness, cancer, accident, medical bridge, and life insurance policies, long term care insurance, pet insurance, corporate gym memberships, 401k with a match, and paid sick time!
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter or fax to 707-402-6696.