Administers nursing care under the direction and supervision of a provider. Performs a variety of direct and indirect patient care duties needed to keep the clinical office running smoothly. Performs duties as directed and within the guidelines of appropriate education and scope of practice.
- Certification or Registry as Medical Assistant from an accredited testing center, such as:
- American Medical Technologists
- American Association of Medical Assistants
- National Healthcare Association
- High school diploma, equivalent. Completion of medical assistant program.
- Current CPR Certification