Maria Parham Health
As a Medical Assistant you will be responsible for providing administrative support to ensure efficient operation of the medical office/hospital. You will support doctors and patients through a variety of tasks related to patient care management, organization and communication.
Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required upon hire.
Medical Assistant Certification or Registered Medical Assistant Certification, EMT or Paramedic Certification is required for Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) positions or received with in 6 months of hire.
Required SkillsLifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
• Proven working experience as a medical assistant or license practical nurse
• Knowledge of medical office/license practical nurse management systems and procedures
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and priorities work
• Social perceptiveness and service oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational and planning skills
• Proficiency in MS Office and patient management software
• Any other duties assigned by management or physician