BAYADA Home Health Care is currently seeking an experienced Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, COTA, for a per-diem opportunity performing home health visits in the Willcox, AZ area.
One year prior clinical experience as a licensed Occupational Therapist Assistant is required.
**For immediate consideration please contact Elizabeth Smith, Recruiter, at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]**
Responsibilities for a COTA include:
- Make home visits to clients in designated geographic territories
- Carry out treatment plans as prepared by the Occupational Therapist, including functional status, muscle function, endurance, visual coordination, written and verbal communication skills and ADL and IADL performance
- Work collaboratively with the OT to assess cognitive, psychological and motor aspects of performance and develop individualized intervention plans to achieve favorable outcomes.
- Evaluate home environment for hazards or barriers to more independent living.
- Identify equipment needs and environmental adaptations resulting in enhanced outcomes for clients.
- Educate and instruct patients, family members, or other patient representatives, in rehabilitative care and activities necessary to promote the client's health, safety and independent living.
- Accurately document observations, interventions and evaluations pertaining to patient care management and services provided, utilizing a touch pad tablet.
Qualifications for a COTA include:
- Current certification as an Occupational Therapy Assistant in Arizona.
- A minimum of one year of recent work experience as a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, preferably in an acute, rehab, home health or skilled nursing facility setting.
- A graduate of an occupational therapy assistant program.
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills and problem solving skills.
- Solid computer skills; prior experience with electronic medical records (EMR) preferred.