Are you looking to make a career change? Do you have a passion for working with people who have ID in their home to meet their long term care needs? Do you value the ability to set your own schedule and have job flexibility? D&S community services, a leader in the provision of long term therapy services, is currently seeking a fulltime physical therapy assistant (PTA) to provide home based services in the Nashville area. We are looking for motivated, passionate and self-directed applicants to join our exceptional therapy team as we grow our home based service across West Tennessee Region. Strong time management, organization and documentation skills are essential. Traveling with incentive compensation within a 100-mile radius is required. Current license in the state of TN required. Criteria
1. Carries out approved services for client as directed by the Physical Therapist’s plan of care.
2. Records delivery of approved services and submits documentation per established format and timelines.
3. Participates in client’s care conferences as requested by Physical Therapist.
4. Assists with cleaning and maintenance of equipment used in therapy sessions.
5. Communicates with Physical Therapist and other interdisciplinary team members regarding client’s progress, problems and plans.
6. Records daily service charges according to company procedures and timelines.
7. Instructs families and direct support professionals in staff instruction protocols as directed by Physical Therapist.
8. Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the practice of Physical Therapy.
Maintains certifications, education and development appropriate for position. Completes position responsibilities by following established guidelines and protocols within the appropriate timeframe.
1. Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices/responsibilities and emergency procedures.
2. Demonstrates ability to set priorities; utilizes organizational skills to complete duties timely.
3. Demonstrates ability to accept and act upon suggestions for improved performance.
4. Demonstrates ability to perform work in an accurate and timely manner
5. Demonstrates self-direction, flexibility, professional development and willingness to master new skills.
6. Demonstrates reliability by adhering to D&S’s attendance policies as documented on the attendance records.