KVC Prairie Ridge is looking for energetic, positive, caring professionals to join our team. If you are looking for a rewarding career and a compassionate work environment – KVC is the place for you!
People matter, and that’s why we exist. By providing in-home family support, therapeutic services, foster care and adoption case management, substance abuse treatment and psychiatric care, KVC touches the lives of over 60,000 children and families each year.
KVC Prairie Ridge is seeking an Art Therapist to implement trauma-informed and therapeutic activities within the creative process of art making to enhance the physical, mental, and emotional well-being of the children and youth receiving residential services. Therapist will collaborate as an active member of the treatment team.
The Art Therapist will:
- Functions as a member of the Treatment Team
- Maintains timely and accurate documentation
- Works with clients both individually and in groups
- Schedules and conducts therapeutic art activities
- Writes clinical reports from an artistic perspective
- Consults with staff on art therapy issues to increase quality and efficiency of treatment services
- Maintains art therapy credentials
- Maintains compliance with state, federal, and TJC guidelines
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Art Therapy, Counseling, Marriage and Family Therapy, Social Work, or Psychology, with supervised post-graduate art therapy experience.
- Art Therapist - Registered (ATR) or Board Certified Art Therapist (ATR-BC) required
- Valid driver’s license and auto insurance
- Supervised post-graduate art therapy experience.
- Six months to one year experience preferred.
- Preference given to experience providing art therapy to youth receiving mental health services.