Silverado. Passion. Possibility. Purpose.
Silverado Associates know that there is no substitute for a meaningful career. We take pride in knowing the world is a better place because of what we do, and we feel fortunate to be part of a family that is unified in this commitment. We get the chance to learn every day, the opportunity to grow, and the ability to help others. At Silverado, it is about ENRICHING LIVES!
Silverado is presently seeking an Activities Director to join our team. Please apply directly to our website: https://www.silverado.com/join-our-team/
Summary of Major Functions:
- Under direction of the Administrator, is responsible for the planning, coordination and implementation of the resident engagement programs.
- The programs shall be scheduled on a daily basis and shall make every effort to meet the comprehensive needs and interests of all the residents.
- Supervises engagement staff members and volunteers.
- High School or equivalent required.
- A Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- Two years of experience in a social or recreational program for elders.
- Knowledge or experience working with residents with Alzheimer’s Disease and/or related dementia highly desirable.
Supervisory Experience :
- One year of experience supervising others to include: setting performance expectations, coaching, motivating, promoting collaboration and teamwork, promoting company culture, managing change, providing performance feedback, delegating effectively, resolving conflicts, etc.
- Must have valid driver’s license, good driving record, and current auto insurance.
- Ability to speak, read and write English.
- Must be comfortable working in an environment with pets and assisting in the care of community pets, including, but not limited to, dogs, cats and birds.
- Willing to demonstrate passion and ability to work with people with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementia-related disease.
Meet our associates and learn why they love working with Silverado: http://www.silverado.com/recruiting/meet-our-team/
At Silverado, we sincerely appreciate our Associates! Silverado has been awarded the Best Place to Work Award in both Texas and Southern California. Silverado offers competitive pay and great benefits for full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with an employer match, vacation, and sick time as well as great opportunities for growth.
To maintain our world class standard, all offers of employment with Silverado are contingent upon a satisfactory background check as well as drug screening, a physical and TB testing (if required for the position). Silverado also uses E-Verify to confirm work authorization with both the Social Security Administration and the Department of Homeland Security.