The Activities Director is responsible for organizing social activities, both in the community, and in the local area. He or She is responsible for providing residents with an interesting, stimulating, and varied calendar of events designed to meet the many social, emotional, and spiritual needs of all residents.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Maintain activity and social profile assessments for each resident in the community.
- Provide leadership and direction to staff assisting in activities throughout the day and ensuring they have the necessary supplies.
- Keep an updated file system on entertainment, guest speakers, volunteer program, resident and staff birthdays in a 12-month binder.
- Actively promote participation in all social activities to all residents
- Maintain and create community activity calendar, newsletter and activity fliers.
- Competitive salary
- Lucrative bonus programs for each project
- Generous 401K program
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid vacation time off
- Education reimbursement
- Flexible spending accounts
- Excellent team environment
Qualifications for this Position:
- Well organized, creative and adaptive to changing priorities.
- Relate to seniors in a courteous, understanding and cooperative manner.
- Demonstrate and implement Creative and artistic ideas, events, and interactions.
- Computer skills required: Word, Excel, Publisher or PowerPoint
- CPR & First Aid, State Food Handler’s certificate.
- Clean driving record & able to complete chauffeur’s credentials.
Bonaventure is a family of companies dedicated to developing and providing an exceptional senior lifestyle. Bonaventure’s consistent success has been based upon a simple formula: engaged and satisfied residents, happy team members and fiscally responsible growth.
This formula has taken Bonaventure from the two-community company it started out in 1999 to a portfolio of 26 architecturally refined and amenity-rich senior living communities with a focus on multi-use campuses providing retirement living assisted living and memory care. A solid sustainable growth plan allows us to continually develop and build new communities in new markets to spread the “Retirement Perfected™' lifestyle throughout the west. But we believe our greatest accomplishment is our resident satisfaction, with more than 9 out of 10 residents enthusiastically recommending us to their friends and family.
Bonaventure Senior Living achieves one of the highest resident satisfaction ratings in the industry through a belief in the importance of choice, independence and fun for each resident, dedicated and well-trained staff members, branded activity and culinary programs and, above all, extraordinary service. We seek out and hire the most qualified personnel and enhance their capabilities with training and support that far exceeds industry standards.
Keywords: Therapeutic Recreation, Recreation Director, Activity Associate, event coordinator, event manager, event associate, event manage, activity manager, life enrichment director, director of activities, healthy lifestyle coach, gym coach, life improvement coach