For more information please inquire.
Are you looking for a rewarding career as a Hyperbaric Technician? Become part of an awarding team of Hyperbaric Technicians here at Blake Hospital. Blake Hospital is currently seeking a Hyperbaric Technician the HBO Program-Burn Department. We have a dynamic team of Hyperbaric Technicians on staff and we are currently looking to add an additional Hyperbaric Technician to the team.
Blake Medical Center is located in Bradenton, Florida, just minutes from the beautiful Gulf Coast beaches of Manatee County. Our 383-bed, level II trauma center and has received official verification by the American College of Surgeons. Our hospital is also a proud recipient of the American Heart Association’s Gold Fit Friendly Designation for our above and beyond dedication to employees’ health.
- Performs oxygen therapy treatment protocols as prescribed by physician. Observes the patient and the hyperbaric systems during the course of oxygen treatments. Reports unusual occurrences to physician.
- Accurately documents patient condition and the administration of care in the patient record in a timely manner.
- Operates, maintains and ensures the safety of the hyperbaric oxygen chamber and all associated systems/equipment to meet hospital, department and regulatory requirements.
- Takes an active role in hyperbaric medicine education programs and orients hospital and other personnel to hyperbaric oxygen therapy.
- Contributes to a culture of patient centered care by ensuring a quiet healing environment.
- Communicates and interacts with patients, families and others in a caring, empathetic, courteous, and respectful manner.
- Within scope of practice, communicates clearly and provides explanation of care in a way than can be easily understood by patients and their families.
- Actively contributes to and works toward hospital wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety and service excellence goals.
- Continuously evaluates work process and design; understands role in ensuring quality/performance improvement, productivity, and service delivery to meet stakeholder needs.
- Performs duties in accordance with departmental policies and procedures, and recognized professional, quality, patient safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Follows Universal Protocols, patient safety standards and performs any other duties or procedures, within scope of practice, as directed in accordance with hospital policy and regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the occurrence reporting system. Uses system to report potential patient safety issues.
- Follows established guidelines for reporting a significant medical error or unanticipated outcome in the patients care which results in patient harm.